Chrysalis No. 79 - Original
Price On Application
• Medium: Original Mixed Media including Acrylic, Oil Glazes, Wax Crayon, Graphite, Inks, Pastels, and custom glazes on Canvas
• Image Size: 101.6cm x 190.5cm / 40" x 75"
• This piece is currently unframed and ready to hang.
• Free UK mainland delivery
• Premiere Packaging & Full Insurance
• Earn Loyalty Points with each purchase
• Full Certification & Documentation
• Interest Free Credit Available
Chrysalis is the name given to the butterfly’s stage of growth where it is enclosed in a hard case just before it bursts out as a butterfly. The "Chrysalis" Series is about transformation. Similar to the butterfly’s sheltered stage of being or growth, this series mirrors nature’s vibrations of unfolding. Beginning with an automatic drawing in graphite, translucent layers are applied, followed by more mark making, and more layers. There is a response to the previous gesture: it may be more of the same or total obliteration. Birth, growth, death, rebirth. There is tension and equilibrium occurring at once. Visual poetry.
The “Chrysalis” Series was originally inspired while hiking in Serbia, Croatia, and Montenegro.