Your Personal Information: GDPR Regulations
As a family business, we’ve made a lot of contacts over the years who we keep in touch with. We would never wish to take advantage of this relationship with our collectors, so under the new General Data Protection Regulation, we have a responsibility to provide you with a transparent account of how we collect, store and utilise client details.
Any aspect of these details can be cancelled by you at any time: all marketing emails will have an unsubscribe button on the footer; plus, you can email or call us to cancel or discuss any aspect of your details retained by us.
What We Collect:
During a transaction, order or enquiry by us, we’ll collect the following personal information when supplied by you, the customer:
- Your name, telephone number, email and billing/delivery addresses
- Your order history and art preferences
- Notes such as hobbies, mutual interests and discussions you’ve had with us.
Why We Collect it:
We believe the lawful basis to collect client data is your legitimate interest in our product: Art. We collect details for the following reasons:
- To inform you of new releases and special events, such as artist appearances.
- To record transactions and history of art works
- To make future transactions easier and more convenient for you.
- Create a personalised content profile.
- Personalised ads, ad measurement and audience insights.
Storage and Sharing:
The above details are stored on our encrypted password and firewall protected servers via our secure, industry-standard Client Relationship Platform (CRM). This is a purely internal records system for processing transactions and storing the above details confidentially.
In addition, we share this personal information with the following third parties; if required to process transactions and deliver your artwork:
- Courier companies
- Email and social marketing platforms.
- Interest-free credit company and their secure legal underwriters
- Finally, we use an industry-standard opt-in marketing email system to send emails relevant to clients’ interests. This may be unsubscribed to at any time, via an unsubscribe button at the footer of each email.
Our third parties above abide by the full GDPR guidelines and complete legal documentation is available on request.
As a client, you have the right to enforce any or all the following rights with regards to data held by us or these third parties:
- Right to be forgotten: you may request that Wyecliffe Galleries LLP deletes all your personal data immediately
- Right to object: you may prohibit specific data uses
- Right to rectification: You may demand that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected
- Right of access: you have the right to know what data about them is being processed and how.
Our website and certain third-party plugins utilise cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. It allows us to recognize and tailor our site to you and it won’t harm your computer. It can track data that may be considered personal; such as number of site visits and IP address. Cookies can be disabled in your web browser.
For examples of our cookies and their functions, click here.
To exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions, please email Wyecliffe Galleries LLP’s Data Protection Officer Elliot Metaireau at firstname.lastname@example.org